The brain, the director of our body, made up of millions of neurons, responds to endless impulses coming from abroad. Its functioning is so complex that, to date, we are still uncertain about its power.
The problem is that many diseases slowly deteriorate, and it is increasingly common to find them in young people.
This is a list of the 10 best foods to prevent diseases related to the brain and give the person in charge of directing our body a correct and lucid function for a longer time.
Top 10 foods for the brain
- Blueberries are antioxidants that prevent or delay degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
- Nuts: provide minerals and vitamins, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, B complex vitamins and vitamin E, allies to maintain good cardiovascular health.
- Avocado: contains omega 3 and protects the brain from premature wear and tear and an early deterioration of our health.
- Tomato: contains lycopene, and thanks to its antioxidant properties, it is useful in preventing many diseases, various types of cancer and the possibility of stroke.
- Chia seeds: favour the functioning of neurons and improve brain activity; they are the largest source of omega 3 in nature and prevent tissue ageing.
- Olive Oil: it has highly effective antioxidant effects for protecting our tissues; it prevents the damage caused by the so-called free radicals that can lead to diseases such as cancer. It also has healthy fats that help protect the heart, achieving optimal blood circulation and proper functioning.
- Fish: they provide a good dose of phosphorus, a mineral that helps strengthen the brain, especially improving memory, oily fish, which contains a high concentration of omega 3 and helps protect the health of our hearts and brains.
- Green Tea: great antioxidant, helps preserve memory, prevents damage caused by the passage of time, keeping our cells protected.
- Cocoa: consumed in moderation, contains many antioxidants, prevents premature ageing of the body and its cells, and is rich in magnesium, a mineral that helps the nervous system.
- Broccoli: can enhance memory and preserve good brain health. It also has properties that help protect the heart.
All these foods and this supplement animal cuts can help improve or maintain the functions of your brain, which is why I recommend including them in anyone’s nutritional plan, with a healthy and balanced diet, which will keep your body in optimal health for much longer.