The ENDS market is one of the fastest growing due to the trend’s novelty and the opportunity for them to replace conventional cigarettes with safer and more practical vapes. In the review, we will consider the leaders among manufacturers and evaluate the prospects for this direction shortly.
Analysts at Euromonitor International forecast the growth of the UAE market of vapes, tobacco heating systems and ENDS by 411.1% from 2018 to 2023. The growth rate annually exceeds 30% due to the novelty of the direction. This is a profitable and promising business.
The niche will continue to grow for a long time, which will attract potential investors from all over the world. According to forecasts, the ENDS market will grow 10 times by 2030. The direction is attracting more and more investors, and the trend will intensify in the coming years.
A study on the e-cigarette market in UAE predicts a steady increase in smokers’ interest in an alternative way of consuming nicotine until at least 2026.
As part of a survey conducted by VTsIOM, respondents justified the choice of ENDS as follows:
- Less harm to health – 49%
- Lack of unpleasant odour – 4%
- Possibility to use vapes there,
- where you can not smoke cigarettes – 29%
- Attempt to quit smoking – 25%
Leading manufacturers of vape products in the United Arab Emirates
The following companies hold the leading positions in the market:
- Japan Tobacco Inc. A socially responsible company that develops a line of products with a reduced risk to health. When developing, it is guided by the opinion of consumers. Organizes conservation activities. Market share – 26%.
- JUUL Labs Inc. The company’s interesting mission is to help one billion people worldwide quit smoking. They emphasize that you should only use the brand’s products for those who have smoked before. Market share – 9.5%.
- “Glavtobak”. The UAE company covered a network of wholesale and retail outlets nationwide. She owned one of the market leaders in the production of yuoto vape online uae liquids – Maxwell’s. Glavtabak occupied 6.6% of the market, but the company was liquidated on May 8, 2020. However, Maxwell’s remained and has been successfully operating to this day.
- Imperial Tobacco. One of the largest brands in the world selling tobacco and non-tobacco products. The company supports the free choice of everyone who consumes nicotine, while it considers it important to communicate the risks associated with smoking and using ENDS. Market share – 5.5%.
The most popular devices on the market
- Logic Compact. Pod system with replaceable cartridges, 5 flavours are presented in UAE, 32 in Europe. You can choose one of eight device colours; the cartridge is enough for 300-400 puffs.
- JUL. In the American-made pod system, 2 flavours are offered – menthol and mint inUAE. Available in 3 colours, the cartridge is designed for approximately 200 puffs.
- MyBlu. The Pod system has replaceable cartridges manufactured by Imperial Tobacco. 10 flavours are sold in UAE and Europe. There are 5 colours to choose from; the strength varies from 0 to 18 mg/ml. The cartridge is enough for 40 puffs, and the warranty for the device is 1 year.
- Eleaf. Chinese manufacturer of various types of electronic cigarettes. It focuses on the design of devices, constantly expanding its product line.
- Joyetech. Another brand from China offers devices of various types and capacities. Constantly working on improving products and looking for new solutions that will increase the attractiveness of products for customers.
The industry is actively developing: many exhibitions are held worldwide, and awards are given to leaders. The market is constantly growing. Most people buy disposable electronic cigarettes due to the low price. But there are a lot of fakes in this segment due to the simplicity of design and low manufacturing cost.
On January 28, 2021, amendments to Federal Law No. 15-FZ of February 23, 2013, “On protecting the health of citizens from secondhand tobacco smoke, the consequences of tobacco consumption or the consumption of nicotine-containing products”, came into force. They radically changed the industry’s situation, but many unclear points still require comments from government officials.